Merzouga Camel Trekking
6 Best Merzouga Camel Trek Tours & Camping in the Desert
Morocco Camel Trekking in Merzouga
Merzouga Camel Trekking Tours are the best and most suitable camel ride in Morocco, being a chance to sail in the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi: the highest and most impressive dunes in the country. Spend a night or more camping under stars in the middle of the Sahara Desert at a well-equipped desert camp.
1) Merzouga Camel Trekking for 1 to 2 Nights
These are the most chosen within the Merzouga camel trekking tours, they include only an overnight or 2 nights. Each of them presents a valuable opportunity to experience the camel ride, watch the sunset, and camping in the Sahara.
– The Overnight Camel Trekking starts in the late afternoon and ends the next day around 9 to 10 AM depending on the season.
– The Day & Night begins at 10:30 AM, lunch in the desert with your camel guide, watch sunset and do sandboarding. Then spend the night camping. This Camel trek tour finishes also around 9 to 10 AM of the next day.
– The 2 Nights Camel Trek starts in the late afternoon and finishes after 2 nights and a full day of camping in the Sahara desert.
Find out more details about your preferred Merzouga Camel Trekking Tour and see photos, detailed itinerary, and much more.
2) 3 Nights, Sunset, and Sunrise Merzouga Camel Trekking
The 3 nights, Sunset, and Sunrise Merzouga Camel Trek Tours are ideal either for travelers who have enough time (3 nights) or those who are very limited on time and did not get a chance to combine camel ride and camping experiences, so they choose to do the Sunset or the Sunrise camel ride in order not to miss this last opportunity as well.
More About The Merzouga Camel Trekking
Merzouga is a small village nestled on the edge of the Erg Chebbi sand dunes. With a unique taste of old Berber life, this remote and fascinating village has begun to attract many travelers to experience and enjoy life in the Sahara desert of Merzouga proved to be an ideal travel destination for its beauty and charming golden-orange dunes.
Although it has many activities such as ATV Quad Biking, buggy driving, 4×4 excursions… The most subtle desert experience that will convince you to visit the area is the unrivaled Merzouga Camel Trekking Tours offered by this place. As it is located on the edge of the Erg Chebbi dunes, Merzouga seems to be the perfect village where you can stay and enjoy the beauty of the wonderful nature.
Merzouga desert is the hills rise dramatically from the sand, about 150 meters. The Big dunes of Merzouga Sahara are the closest to the town and one of the most spectacular sights.
Climbing these sand dunes is a great desert experience. But in order to take a deep look at the wind and wind-blown sand without any impressions, you may want to book a camel trekking tour in Erg Chebbi dunes (Merzouga Desert) and then ride into the desert on the back of a camel. The best time to visit the dunes is during sunset or sunrise.
The magnificent sand dunes and dancing shadows of the sun along the Sand dunes of Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert are truly magical. Along the back of beauty, these sand dunes will surely make you feel you’ve been taken to a movie or back tens of years to the past. It is a dream-like experience among travelers and explorers to Merzouga.
For a full and unforgettable Sahara camel experience, we provide the best Merzouga camel trekking tours and camping in the area without any hassle and all you have to do is to enjoy.
What do these Merzouga Camel Trekking Tours usually include?
At our Morocco Camel Trekking in Merzouga, we almost include everything, all the necessary things you will need are covered. Here is a list of the Merzouga Camel Trekking includes.
- Secure park for your car/Motorcycle at our guesthouse
- Camel ride (camel per person)
- Sandboard (if you are interested in it)
- Private tent at the desert camp (At your preferred tent type)
- Dinner and Breakfast
- Lunch (for the Day & night, 2 nights, and 3 nights camel tours)
- 4×4 car transfer back from the camp (alternative to camels)
Here are our Merzouga Camel Trekking Prices
The prices for our Merzouga Camel Trekking as is described in the table below starting from 20€/person for Sunset & Sunrise camel trek tour, 40€/person for an overnight camel trekking (80€/person for luxury Camp), 65€/person for 1 Day & Night, 80€ for 2 Nights camel ride and 120€/ person for 3 Nights camel safari in Erg Chebbi sand dunes.
|Camel Riding Tour||Overnight||Day & Night||2 Nights||3 Nights||Sunset||Sunise|
What is the difference between the standard and luxury camps?
- Standard Camp: the tents are private, but the toilets and bathrooms are separated and shared.
- Luxury Camp: the tents are private and a little bit larger with its private toilet and bathroom, the hot water inside each tent. Furthermore, there is a WIFI and a place where you can charge your phone and camera.
What do I need to bring for the night in the desert?
Not surprisingly, only your necessary things. No sleeping bag is needed. Both the standard and luxury camps are well equipped with real beds, pillows, and enough blankets…etc
What we recommend regarding the clothes is long pants, light shoes, Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat (especially in the summer), and a small backpack to put your things in.
How is the booking process?
Free Booking! To book any tour, usually, we ask for a small deposit to be paid via PayPal, Wise, or bank transfer. The rest of the payment is payable in cash to your driver/guide at the pick-up.
Paying the deposit is free, in case you would like to pay the full amount or half off, in order to avoid carrying much cash, it is possible to do it through Paypal or Payoneer.
- To pay the full amount by Paypal, there will be a 5% extra to cover the Paypal fees.
- To pay the full amount by Payoneer is free of charge since Payoneer doesn’t apply any fees (Payoneer to Payoneer).
Note: At the moment we do not accept credit cards and bank transfers are a time-consuming and high-fee process.
What is your cancellation policy?
- For a complete refund, please cancel at least 15 days in advance of the date of the tour.
- In case you cancel less than 15 days in advance, the deposit is nonrefundable, but it is still available for your use if you reschedule your trip in the future.
Conclusion: Morocco Camel Trekking in Merzouga
Finally, a trip to Morocco without a camel trekking experience and camping in the middle of nowhere under shining stars, especially in the Merzouga Desert and its impressive sand dunes of Erg Chebbi is undoubtedly an uncomplete trip in our modest point of view.
As locals, we invite you to immerse yourself in an extraordinary experience, while on the back of a camel crossing the orange wavy sand dunes of Erg Chebbi in full vibes of silence, only the sound of the camels foot-print on the sand. It is nothing more than a dream that comes true!
Feel free to contact us at any time, we are very happy to assist and to make your dream comes true. Our goal is to book better, travel better, and feel better!
The bus (Supratours) departs from Marrakech to Merzouga daily at 8.00 morning and arrives in Merzouga around 21:00.
The bus (Supratours) departs from Fes to Merzouga daily at 19.00 night and arrives in Merzouga around 06:00.
Note: One of our team we’ll be waiting for you at the bus station in Merzouga.
Related Merzouga Activities you may be interested in
Need more Merzouga desert activities for a full desert experience like ATVs, Buggies, and more, find out more here!
Morocco Tours including Camel ride in Merzouga
Still thinking about renting a car, using public transportation, or booking a full Morocco tour and travel in better conditions. Look no further! Check out our designed desert tours from your preferred destinations and get the best tour at an affordable price.